Wednesday, January 19, 2011

7 weeks 2 days

Well I had thought I'd post in the last week because I thought I was going to see my doctor to see how many babies really are in there, but it looks like that won't be happening till February. What can you do? Honestly, I'm not in any hurry to go to the doctor. Everyone else is though! This last week has been interesting. Last Friday I woke up in the middle of the night pretty sick. I think I got some sort of food poisoning or maybe my body just didn't like what I had eaten for dinner... either way, it all came back up. Justin was great taking care of me. He hasn't had to deal with me being really sick other than migraines so it was great to see him in action. He was gone for 95% of my pregnancy with Elijah so this is a whole new playing field for him.
Well, ever since that Friday I have felt perpetually nauseous. It's pretty annoying to be honest. I was feeling so great for about 2 weeks then it was like a brick wall hit. I have good days and bad days. The bad days consist of lots of cartoons for Eli and naps on the couch for me. On my good days I try to get stuff done around here that I don't do when I'm down. Let me just say, I do a lot around here! The house has been in chaos since I got sick. There is probably 5 or 6 huge loads of laundry to put away and the entire house needs to be cleaned. I was able to convince Justin to clean the bathroom yesterday because the smell coming from it was making me sick. See, isn't he just so good to me? Today is a much better day. I didn't wake up with a headache and I'm not feeling that sick. So that means I need to get lots done.
Elijah has been great on my bad days, especially last Friday when I literally didn't get out of bed all day. He entertains himself and lets me sleep. He actually comes up and kisses my forehead and tells me to go to sleep so I can feel better. I don't think we'll get lucky again with a kid just like him.. Actually, if the way I feel has anything to do with how this new baby will be I can bet it will be the polar opposite of Elijah. We are up for the challenge though!
Well, thats all the news I have now. I hope to have more news in the coming weeks about the baby/ies. For now, i'm off to relax for a little while with Elijah before I get to work!!

3 comments:

  1. thank you tons for the sweet comment. im very excited as im sure you can relate to! :)
    its very cool that we get to go through this at the same time.. ill be posting about my pregnancy on the blog and hope you do too! im right over 4 weeks, so not far behind ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how people hound you about going to the doctor, isn't it? I have no idea when I'll go. I'm ready, but waiting on insurance to kick in. I didn't have insurance before pregnancy. I'm hoping to go sometime in the next couple weeks. Everyone I know keeps asking about it though. :) Oh well!

    Hope you are feeling better! I know from personal experience that Migraines are not fun.

    thanks for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's time to change your blog header since you aren't a "little" Cate Family any more, you are a "quiver full" Cate Family now. :)

    ReplyDelete