Monday, September 27, 2010

Final stretch

This is it folks! We are mere days away from our beloved husband and father returning to us! Where has the last 6.5 months gone? It's been a flurry of fun events with both busy and lonely days. This week my calendar looks so busy I'll have to schedule in sleep!
I was able to talk to Justin yesterday. He sounds good. VERY ready to be home. They have officially turned over their jobs to the replacements so now he just waits to leave which is a huge sigh of relief for me because now he is no longer in harms way!
I think I forgot to post about his promotion this month. Better late than never, right? Anyway, he was meritoriously promoted to Sargent the beginning of this month. I've always known he was a fantastic Marine. Seriously, the guy works harder than anyone I know! I am so proud of him! We have just about a year left in the Marines.(or really in this contract) We aren't sure what we are gonna do after this. I think we'll start looking at all his options outside of the Marines and see if any compare. With the economy so tough right now we don't want to be foolish and just assume getting out will be fine. We do sacrifice things being in the Marines, but it has allowed us to be stable in a lot of areas people are struggling in right now. I'm so thankful for God's provision of this job. The time apart from each other and our families is so hard sometimes, but we've created a new family here that we love and it makes missing birthday's and holiday's a little more bearable.
Elijah is so excited for his daddy to be home. He (Eli) has a lot of plans for him when he gets here. Including many soccer games, football games both watching and playing, fishing, and other random things he comes up with. I on the other hand just want to relax! I do realize its not THAT tough being a stay at home mom, but getting a little break everyday is going to be so nice again! Heck, even to take a shower uninterrupted is exciting! Plus I so can't wait to snuggle my beloved and just be able to talk to him whenever (I) want!
So, in case you don't hear from me again for a while it's because we are busy prepping for his return! Hopefully my next post will be our homecoming one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment