Thursday, April 22, 2010

In a slum.

This week has been a much different week. We've had no plans, nothing to do, and no where to go. I think it's perfectly fine to have weeks like these. We've been on the go since Justin left so a little down time is good. Unfortunately, it also means that I have a lot of time to think and if you know anything about me to much thinking for me is no good!
Sunday was a pleasant day. I so look forward to Sunday's. I love being enveloped in the body of Christ. Our church here is the first church I feel so warmly received at since Justin and I have been married. I've made lasting friendships with some of the most marvelous women I know! Carleigh was able to come to church one last time before her and her family headed back to Colorado. Worshiping my sweet Jesus with my darling sister in law is one of my life's favorites! Her and I had some Pedro's Taco's then went to a local thrift store to walk around. We have completely different taste! It's quite comical!
Sadly we had to say our good-byes and go our separate ways. I will see her and the family again soon!
Monday till now we have done very little. I've almost completely caught up on my Bible reading and watched a lot of movies! I'm enjoying every Anne of Green Gables dvd I can get my hands on! Thank heavens for Netflix! I haven't talked to Justin at all this week which was unexpected, but I heard today that he may be out on a mission that came up rather quickly. Sure wish I would have known, but what can you do? This deployment is sure making me lean on the Lord so much more. I'm sure it's a terrible thing to think, but because we decided for me to stay here I am "fearful" that those 'people' are going to come knock on my door. It's not something I think about all the time, but it does cross my mind from time to time.
I am so thankful for my amazing support system who keeps me in check on a daily basis! They won't let me go to the depths of dispare like I did when Justin left for boot camp... But I blame that entirely on my hormones! LOL
Well, tomorrow I have decided to get my rear end up and out of the house. It does help that I have too because of Bible study! haha From now on I will not let myself be down. I will get out of the house everyday! Even if it's just for a walk!
Oh! and I have failed to mention that a friend of mine and her two daughters will be moving in with us for a little while next month! Actually in 10 days!! I met her in 29 palms and her husband is going to SOI school right to be an instructor! They will then get stationed out here! I'm thrilled because now I'll have someone to keep me occupied for a few months and also be able to get to know her better! She is a believer which is just the cherry on top! I love that the Lord always knows what we need!
Next weekend I will be gone at the Women's Retreat! It will be my first one ever. Be praying that God will bless the time away and refresh all the women going. I am looking forward to it more than I can express. It will be my first time away from Elijah without Justin. A BIG deal for me! My dear friend Kelly will be watching Elijah for me. It will be good practice for her since she is pregnant with her 3rd! haha No but seriously, I owe her huge!!!
I'm off to bed! Can you believe 2 posts in 2 days! I'm good!! Night all!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy I had something to read this morning! lol Look at you being a faithful updater :)I'm sorry you're in a slum but like I said before we will be there super soon & we'll keep busy! I can be a total hermit but this year I've vowed to change that and take the girls OUT of the house as much as possible. Going outside makes a huge difference and gets your mind off a LOT so I suggest you & Elijah do at least that. Have a great time on your retreat can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're going through a hard time right now! We have nothing in our house yet but I'm around so if you're having a bad day and just need someone to hang out with let me know! Matt's back to work Monday. Also if your friend has any questions about SOI or the school let me know! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete