Sunday, April 25, 2010

Die-t

That's right, I started my die-t this weekend. I'm 2 days in and feel pretty good. It's called the MediFast diet. It was created by doctors for people specifically with diabetes. Now while I don't have diabetes my PCOS has created elevated insulin levels in my system so this diet works really well for people like me too!
After tomorrow I am hoping that the cravings for different foods will go away. It's a little annoying when people start to talk about food in front of me, but at the end of the day I'm satisfied and I know the end result will be worth the work now.
My goal is to loose 30ish pounds. My starting weight was 160.0. I am hoping to report weekly on here to show my progress as well as keep track of where I was and all that jazz. I will probably post either every Saturday night or Sunday because my weeks start over on Saturday so that will be my weighing in day.
A friend at church is doing this diet as well and I know for sure in the first month she lost more than 10 pounds! She looks great! Her goals are similar to mine so it is great to have someone I know going through this with me.
I also have my own independent health coach who is not only a friend but also a believer. She has been such a huge blessing to me since I began this journey. My family (especially my sister, sister in law and mom) are amazing as well. It's so wonderful to have such a great support system!
Well, thats all for now. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment