Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm actually writing this a day late... Woops! Can't get behind already. We are only 3 days into the deployment!
I'm pretty sure I haven't said this yet, but for those who know us personally I want to let you know that Justin safely made it to Afghanistan. I have received a few emails from him and unfortunately missed an IM session with him early this morning, but I know he'll try again soon so I'm not beating myself up over it!
If you want to send him stuff you can do so as well as sending him messages through MOTOMAIL. I've already sent one message to him with a picture of us so he can have one for his wallet!
He sounds to be in good spirits and I'm so thankful for that because Elijah and I are doing great too! We miss him so very much, but are proud of him and what he is doing. I hope to be getting a phone call this week/end sometime, but the lines (waiting for the phones) are outrageous so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen till early next week.

Anywho, as I said Elijah and I are doing great! We are keeping busy and finding things to do. The weather here has been great this week! Shorts and t-shirts for sure! We've been to the park a few times as well as played in the yard a bit.
Yesterday we of course wore green in honor of St. Patty's Day! I watched a friends little boy in the morning and then went to lunch with them once she came back! Elijah and his friends (as well as Kelly and I) took the boys to the playground to let off some steam before nap time! I love that Elijah has such good friends already. He really does get along with them most of the time! We are still learning to share as well as having a positive attitude when he doesn't get his way.
I skyped with my sisters and mom yesterday afternoon! I played Simon Says with Emmie! It was so much fun! Skype really does help make me feel so much less alone. Because I don't work it's nice to have that time with grown-ups, even if it is over the computer making funny faces and trying to wiggle my ears! (My sister Alicia is pretty funny... She has quite a talent in moving her eyes, nose, ears, and tongue into weird things... Lindsay and I aren't blessed with being able to do most of what she can!)
We had dinner over at Kelly and Brian's. BBQ chicken, mashed potatos, and rolls! It was great, even if it wasn't a traditional Irish meal! The boys played outside for a while afterwards and wore themselves out! Eli came home and went right to bed he was so tired!
All in all it was a good day! One down, not sure how many to go and I'm not counting them either!
Hope everyone else had a great St. Patty's Day!
Finally pausing a second long enough to take a picture!

Elijah and Grayson looking for roly-poly's!

Yes, he's wearing Elmo slippers... He wouldn't wear anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment