Friday, March 12, 2010

Real quick.

I know, I know. I've been TERRIBLE about posting blogs, but honestly there are just times in my life right now where I have to steer clear of stuff like this or I won't say anything nice.
It's been a fantastic few weeks. Our countdown till Daddy comes home has almost begun.
I can't say that I'm not nervous because I am. I think there is always fear of the unknown, but I am not letting satan take captive my thoughts. I want the Lord to be glorified even in the hard times. I obviously am staying put here in Camp Pendleton. We (as a family) are in a really great place here. I have a few friends, an amazing church, and a beautiful beach. Our decision to stay here was a pretty easy one, though going to Utah to live for 6 months would have been nice too. We love our home. Not just the bones of the house, but the location too! I have a huge city right at my finger tips! It will be interesting to stay here and be admist the Marine Corps while Justin is gone, but I think it is the best thing for Elijah and I right now. We aren't sure if we'll re-enlist yet. If I had to decide today, we'd get out. The Marines have been great to us, most days, but I miss simple pleasures in life. Plus, trying to get pregnant when your husband isn't here all the time is umm.... impossible!
I'm going to take these 6ish months and revamp my body back into the way it should be. Draw closer to the Lord and really make an honest effort to be a hands on mom. I am hoping to be on the right path of getting pregnant by the time Justin gets home. We soooo want another baby, but we know that it's in the Lord's timing! I'm so thankful for that! I'm sort of glad we didn't get pregnant before Justin leaves for 2 reasons. 1. He doesn't get to miss another pregnancy and 2. I get to enjoy watching my friend, Kelly, grow through her pregnancy! They find out tomorrow what they are having!! I'm praying for a girl!
My parents are in town right now. It's been such a blessing to have them come visit us! My mom and I are best friends so as you can imagine we have a great time when we do get to see each other! It is also nice to have my dad here too. He's never been to our house (aside from when we were newleywed's still living in FL). I'm proud of our place and all that we have accomplished in the short 4 years we've been married.
Anyway, just wanted to write really quick before our weekend started. Once Justin is gone I will be posting a lot more as this will be his way of keeping up with all those mundane details I seem to forget when he calls!
Off to snuggle with my loves and enjoy all these last precious moments together!

1 comment:

  1. Stay Strong.... you will get through it! Enjoy your time together!!!

    ReplyDelete