Monday, March 15, 2010

Our day today.

Today was hard. Much harder than I expected, but God was definitely faithful and was with me all day.
I am so grateful for our loving family and friends who have come beside us and covered us in prayer and comforted us (especially me) during this time.
I tried to nap today, no such luck. My day started at 2:30am... YUCK! It was worth it though. I got to take a nice uninterrupted shower, spend some time with Jesus, and relax for a little while before I had to leave.
Once we said good-bye I came home and laid Elijah down. He slept for a few hours which was great because I needed to talk to my mom and sweet sister in law Carleigh.
I've been able to talk to Justin on and off all day. I went out to dinner with friends from a USMC forum I have been with since Justin was in boot camp. It's how I met my friend, Kelly, who lives out here too.
Justin made a video for Elijah of him reading one of Elijah's favorite books, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. Elijah was able to read along with him before bed tonight. It was so sweet! I will hopefully be able to share that with Elijah most every night before bed.
I am sure Elijah notices life is different, but so far he's been great with the whole thing. I'm expecting to have hard days, but I am praying God will give me the strength to extend to him. I will happily cry with him, snuggle him, and try to play with him like his daddy does!
Well, that's all for tonight. I need sleep.
Good night my sweet love, wherever you are! Know we are thinking about you ALL the time, we miss you, and love you more than we can express! Keep your eyes on Jesus. We'll see you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment