Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Was it the Lord or Satan?

There was a specific situation going on in my life that I really wasn't sure if God was using to draw me closer to Him or if Satan was using it to tear me away from Him. I had brought all my concerns before the feet of Jesus and let Him know how my heart felt about it. I had a few friends and family tell me that I should just ignore it, and then a few others tell me that God had put this issue in my life for a reason. After months of frustration and no good things coming from it I decided to just get it out of my life forever. I asked a few close people in my life, that I look up to and respect in all areas of their lives but most importantly their walks with Jesus, their opinion on the situation and they agreed that it sounded like Satan was just trying to use it to tear me away from Jesus.

Romans 12:18 says "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men."

I really tried to apply this verse to the situation as best I could. I'm so glad that there is a limitation in this verse because otherwise I'd still have this unsettling feeling hanging over my head.

1 John 4:1 & 2 says "Beloved, do no believe every spirit but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God:"

WOW! What a great verse for this situation. I love that the Lord didn't lack any detail in His Word. When I feel like I have to figure out to do things on my own I quickly remind myself to search the scriptures and seek the Lord.
I really feel like my desire to go deeper, wider, higher with Jesus is happening. The pruning process has been some-what painful, but the reward is so great.
Anyway, that's all for tonight. I hope that eventually this situation leads to the glory of God in all opinions. As far as I'm concerned I am praising God for showing me the right answer and for giving me the right tools and discernment to overcome. I pray that Satan will leave well enough alone and let me be for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment